Home Energy Assistance Program
HEAP offers the shelter and warmth that all people deserve. With HEAP, households can get some relief, and preserve limited cash for meeting their other needs.
- Resources to help pay a portion of annual energy bills:
- HEAP may help pay for: electricity, propane, natural gas, wood, oil, kerosene, coal, or any other heating fuel
- Emergency assistance for households in a heat-related emergency
- Assistance with furnace repair or replacement for households with inoperable heating equipment
- The Clean & Tune Program helps to keep existing heating equipment safe and operational
- Cooling Assistance Program can provide an air conditioner or fan
Learn more about the program, eligibility, and accessing the application HERE.
Steuben County Department of Social Services:
Steuben County Office for the Aging:
Yates County Department of Social Services: